Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finally made it to Miami!

So, I finally made it to Miami! I have so many emotions it has been crazy, but overall I am mostly excited! Staging went well and I have already learned so much! I've meet so many great people and I believe this is going to be as amazing as we hoped it would be. 

I am definitely nervous about meeting my host family, the food, and especially the crime, but I guess no where is really truly safe.  I am trying my best to keep a positive attitude and hope that all of the stories I have heard are rare occasions instead of the norm. 

I will post my address and phone number as soon as I have them.  For now the best way to contact me is by email at grimets@gmail.com. 

I miss everyone so much! The plane ride from Mobile to Atlanta was pretty difficult, but I am feeling a million times better now that I am in Miami with everyone else.  There are 45 of us and so far no one has "peaced out" ;) and hopefully it will remain that way!

Tomorrow is going to be a long and emotional day, but I know things will begin to come together as soon as we are in country.  We still have so much more to learn, but I am definitely feeling much more confident than I was before.   I am very hopeful and excited for the future!

Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment