Sunday, June 21, 2009

Don't mind me.... I'm just here for the next two months...







So, I don't have a ton of time to write, but my family is fantastic! I have a mom, a grandfather, two sisters, a niece, a nephew, an aunt, a cousin and a brother in law who all live with us all of the time. Our house is nice and I have my own room with a television! So, far nothing to complain about! The food is pretty good, tons of papas (potatoes) and arroz (rice), both of which I enjoy...in moderation, but they are both obviously about to become a staple of my diet.

Last night I had the privilege to enjoy some cui, which is guinea pig... needless to say it was interesting, but definitely not the worst food I have ever had. It was like chicken, but tougher. It's difficult to explain, I guess you would just have to try it for yourself ;).

Overall, I believe I'm pretty much over my home sickness...while I love you all very much, I am adjusting fairly well. Right now we are living in a small town north of Quito. And by small, I mean it makes Mobile look like New York...which definitely has its pluses and minuses.... but overall more pluses! The weather is nice, I mean it beats 100 degrees in Mobile, but it is really cold at night. The people here are all very nice and I am excited to learn more Spanish and more about the culture of Ecuador.

Hopefully I can update often and soon! Please email (grimets@gmail.com) me if you would like my address or phone number.

Ciao!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment